Monday, August 20, 2007

Birthday Gift


I turned 30. I also received the most expensive gift I ever received. From a brand that I'm note even sure of how to pronounce it. Nice charming friend, P from Thailand gave me two bangles. One from him and the other is from nice sweet Korean friend, L. The 2 bangles costs more than $1k!

P said I could go change it to other design if I didn't like it and encouraged me to do so. More choices is always good he says. So I did. Needed a bag. Thought I will go change for a bag but with the exception of one bag, everything else was more than the value of the 2 bangles. That bag was very normal looking and completely undeserving of that price tag. It was tough having to choose something else. A lot of things are very plain looking, nothing quite so special about it and completely not worth that kind of asking prices. In the end, I kept one of the bangles and changed the other to a nice scarf, a body lotion, a deodorant and a shower foam for Fujuyimi. I'm very happy with my final presents but at the same time stressed. What am I going to buy for them for their birthday presents?

Aku, can't afford these kind of things ley. Lidat how?

0 comments: